Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Letter to Noah

PhotobucketDear Noah,

I love you. I contemplated my first words of this letter for quite some time, jumping from a seemingly cool "Yo! Pops in the house!" to a simple "How are you?" As I was searching for the perfect words I think my heart took control of my fingers and typed what it wanted. I have felt the urge to write you letters because even though we talk everyday, I know you can't understand me but I want you to be able to know how I am feeling at this stage of your wonderful life. And sometimes it is a little hard to understand what each "Dah dah dah" you sing means. Of course I like to think that you just love your Dah-Dah so much that it's all you want coming out of your mouth! I'll never forget the day when we got home from daycare and you were sooo happy that you couldn't stop "talking". You were full of dah dah's and uh-ba's and letting me know how much you really wanted to tell me about your day. So I sat on the ottoman with you and shared my day too. You were such a great listener as you rolled around with your Baby Einstein radio blaring and chiming in with an occasional soft "da-da-da" to interrupt my rambling. I swear we sat together for nearly an hour until your mommy walked in the door.  It's little moments like our first conversation that have been filling my heart for the last 7 months which makes me think that by your 1st birthday my heart might burst! It seems that you've grown at the speed of light! You're huge! The only thing not growing on your body is your hair but that's ok. It's kind of your bread winner right now, other than your mouth-wide-open smile, which seems more legit now because you have a little pearly white poking out.
You are perfect. SO perfect that it makes all those thoughts of being terrified and unprepared before you were born seem silly. I want you to know that you have changed every aspect of my life for the better. You veered me off of an aimless path and put me on course towards everything I ever wanted. Both your mommy and I could not be more in love and in love with you. You found every part of me that was lost and helped me become a better man. That's saying a lot for such a little guy. But that's how big of an impact your beautiful existence has made and you will always be my main man! You're already my best friend................... sorry, had to take a break after that one. I'll go ahead an end this before I short circuit the computer from these tears dripping off my peaking cheek bones. I love you partner!

-Dad

P.S. Two helpful things you should know:
(1) Keep your chin to your shoulder and your elbows back.
&
(2) A change-up can be your best tool on the mound.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that is so beautiful and amazing... I can't wait to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. It's so amazing how this precious miricle has filled our lives with so much joy. That feeling that your heart might burst is how I've felt every day since the days you and your sister were born and now even more so since Noah's birth. You and Allison are such incredible parents. Noah is one lucky kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh,
    This is amazing... how sweet it must be to be someones dah-dah-dah =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin